Thursday, March 17, 2022

Five Things: Impact Play

Yesterday, I wrote about how I'm not really into real punishment. While that is true, I AM very much into being beaten. Impact play is one of my most enjoyed kinks. The scenes I participate in are never forms of punishment though. Then again, I'm not sure I'd say it is funishment either. It's just...different. Impact play can trigger the release of endorphins and dopamine, which makes people feel good after the scene is done. It can also leave beautiful marks on your body if you're into that kind of thing. Impact play can also get you into subspace, though it has never done that for me. I've been close though!


My first in-person exposure to impact play was at a kinky house party. I watched someone get tied to a Saint Andrew's cross and get flogged. Later, I saw someone on a spanking bench getting beat with lots of kinky toys. It excited me and scared me at the same time. I knew I needed to try it. 


I reached out to the person who was doing the flogging and got some tips about how to do it safely, then I had to convince Husband that we should try it. He was not loving the idea of hitting me with things. We actually attended several other kinky house parties before he felt up for trying it. We started slowly with a flogger that Jacob bought for us. It felt really good but he was definitely taking it too easy on me.


Eventually, over time, he got more into it and started leaving marks, which I was super excited about. I even tried it on him a few times but I found that I am just not capable of being the one to inflict the pain. It is very uncomfortable for me. Then, Husband decided that he just wasn't that into being beaten anyway, so it worked out. 


Over the next few years, we started adding more and more fun things to our big black bag of kinky toys. Floggers, riding crops, belts, paddles, bats, paint stirring sticks, bamboo sticks, a bundle cane, and many pervertables from around the house. After experimenting with it, I realized that I much prefer the "thuddy" feel over the "stingy" feel. So, most of our toys are things that impact with a thud. I still think my favorite thing to be hit with, though, is a bare hand.


For a long time, we would only do impact play in the privacy of our own home. We even talked often about getting our own spanking bench. A few times, though, we've done it at a party. I liked the exhibitionist part of that but honestly, I couldn't get into the zone as much. It's too loud and there are too many distractions. I'm still into that as something I will do occasionally for fun but I prefer a private scene most of the time. 


One thing you absolutely must make sure you have after an impact scene is aftercare. Aftercare is when you nurture the sub. The sub will feel very vulnerable after a scene and needs to be taken care of. Get them water, cover them with a blanket, cuddle them, play with their hair, anything to make them feel good. It's about providing physical comfort and offering emotional support. I've had people in the past who didn't offer me aftercare and it was a horrible experience. It's definitely important.


My favorite part about impact play is the marks that are left afterward. The beautiful purple bruises! I don't mark up easily, unfortunately. So, I really have to take a good beating for them to pop up. It's something I feel proud of. Like, I was super strong and made it through that. It makes me feel good. I also really like to show them off to others who are into it. I so wish I had some new marks to show off to you right now. Oh well, you'll just have to settle for this old photo, with a bonus dildo between my legs.




Impact play used to be something we would do at least once every two months, however, Husband hasn't been into it for the last few years. I haven't gotten a clear answer from him as to why that has changed but it's been quite a while since the last time we did it and I miss it so much. I've thought about looking for a play partner who I could trust to have a scene with. I've done that a few times in the past, so I think I should try it again. I would much rather do it with Husband though. Hopefully, he will want to do it again some day.


Five Things

No comments:

Post a Comment