Tuesday, June 19, 2018

TMI Tuesday: June 19, 2018

Hi there! Let’s play TMI Tuesday.

Take a Look at Me Now.



Ash:
1. What was your biggest worry five years ago, do you still have that same worry or feel the same about it at this minute?
This was a very difficult time for me. Husband broke up with his boyfriend, Trystan, and decided that he was going to be monogamous. I had fallen in love with Trystan, which made the whole thing extra messy. I was very depressed and suicidal at the time. My biggest worry was that I was going to carry out my suicide plan. Thankfully, I made it through. Recently, we started talking to Trystan again. I had missed him so much. I still have an ache in my heart but I'm so glad that he's in a good place with an amazing fiance.

2. Do you have a positive or negative body image? What factors contribute to your self body image?
a. advertisements
b. media and social media
c. comments from others
d. introspection and analysis of self

It really depends on the day, but it's mostly negative. I can usually fake confidence really well. Every once in a while I feel really sexy and I love those days. I would say that all of those things effect my body image. Advertisements usually focus on thin women being beautiful, the media often talks bad about full figured women and praises thin women, and sometimes strangers say mean things to me about my weight. All of those things negatively effect my self image. However, nice comments from others help me to feel beautiful. So, that positively effects my self image.

3. How confident are you as a person?
a. no confidence at all
b. confident around friends and family
c. confident at work, and in my job
d. very confident in my surroundings–work, social settings, with strangers

I'll say B. I am confident around family and sometimes friends. I tend to be awkward and doubt myself a lot.

4. How creative a person are you? Why?
a. not creative
b. average creativity
c. creative in some situations
d. very creative

I'll go with C. I'm an excellent party planner and cake decorator. I get very creative with that.

5. Do you resent things being uncertain and unpredictable? Why?
a. agree
b. undecided or Don’t Know
c. disagree

Yeah, I do prefer when things are certain. I don't like when things are "up in the air" and uncertain. I don't have any problem with being occasionally spontaneous, but I do like having a plan. Unpredictability makes me feel anxious.

Bonus: What do you wish you had invented?
A super strength goth sunscreen that prevents me from getting tan in the summer when I want to spend every day in the pool.



Husband:
1. What was your biggest worry five years ago, do you still have that same worry or feel the same about it at this minute?
My biggest worry five years ago was trying to find my way after breaking up with my boyfriend. Things were dark and scary because of all the hurt that rippled through every one involved.

2. Do you have a positive or negative body image? What factors contribute to your self body image?
a. advertisements
b. media and social media
c. comments from others
d. introspection and analysis of self

I would say that for the most part I have a neutral body image, which dips into the negative from time to time. Factors that affect it would be both B and D. I think about my health and how I should be doing so much more to better myself. Social media usually makes me see others that Wife is attracted to and then I look at myself and question my body. I see how it stirs her, and then worry that I don't.

3. How confident are you as a person?
a. no confidence at all
b. confident around friends and family
c. confident at work, and in my job
d. very confident in my surroundings–work, social settings, with strangers

B and C for sure. I feel really good around both family and friends, and it bolsters confidence that might not really be that strong. I feel most confident about my work though. I know the areas where I really shine and I keep them polished while always trying to learn more and practice so I can become confident in those skills as well.

4. How creative a person are you? Why?
a. not creative
b. average creativity
c. creative in some situations
d. very creative

I have varying degree of creativity in varying situations or subjects. Sometimes inspiration is really difficult for me to find and connect with. I am not nearly as creative as I used to be years ago though. I enjoy when my muse rides me though, the outcomes are usually pretty intense and amazing. 

5. Do you resent things being uncertain and unpredictable? Why?
a. agree
b. undecided or Don’t Know
c. disagree

For the most part yes I agree. It is the biggest reason I don't do bets or gambling because I want to know with certainty that the outcome is in my favor. However when it comes to life in general I know that certainty goes out the window when looking at the big picture, and I try my best to accept how things go and adapt myself accordingly. I feel like in this I excel beyond the majority of people.

Bonus: What do you wish you had invented?
Oh boy. I wish I had invented a cryowave. This would work similar to a microwave, but would chill things rather than heat them up. Want to make ice cubes really quick, fill the tray and throw it in the cryowave. Need to cool something down, cryowave. I just think it is something that would be pretty damn awesome. Granted it hasn't been invented, but if one day it does, I definitely will have wanted to have invented it.

————-

How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!

1 comment:

  1. I had never heard of a cryowave, but that would be amazing if it could be a thing.

    ReplyDelete