Tuesday, March 20, 2018

TMI Tuesday: March 20, 2018

It's TMI Tuesday time!

The Life You Want




Ash:
1. Who was the first person you ever had a crush on? Why did you like them?
My first crush was on a little boy in my kindergarten class. He was very shy, quiet, and smart. Those three traits in a guy are very attractive to me. My first girl crush was on a girl in my second grade class. She was quirky, funny, and smart. I think those are my favorite traits in a girl. So, both of these crushes make sense to me.

2. What is the most important material possession you have and why?
The teddy bear which holds my mother's ashes. Shortly before she died, she told me how important it was to her that she be cremated and I take the ashes home with me. I kept my promise.

3. If you were a cake which cake would you be?
Strawberries and cream. Mmmm.

4. Has anything/anyone ever saved your life before?
When I was a teenager, I attempted suicide twice. When I was planning on trying for the third time, I met a guy online that lived in California. His parents told me that I could come live with them. So, at the age of 16, I moved to California to live with my online boyfriend and his family. That boyfriend turned out to be an abusive asshole, but I know that my moving there saved my life by giving me an escape from my family. Whatever he put me through was never worse than what I had to deal with at home.

As an adult, I was back to living at home with my family and incredibly depressed. At the age of 22, I was again considering attempting suicide. I had a plan and was ready to carry it out. Then Husband came back into my life. He rescued me from my family and has taken care of me ever since. He keeps me from getting lost in the darkness and I love him so much.

5. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
I would love to have the ability to teleport. I want to be able to go somewhere far away and get there instantly. This would solve so many of my problems in life.

Bonus: Do you have a dream you’re pursuing? Tell us about it.
My dream is to be a veterinarian and open a 24 hour veterinary hospital on the West coast. I don't know how realistic this dream is anymore because I lost focus when I got pregnant with my daughter. I haven't given up on it completely but I am feeling very overwhelmed with the thought of taking all of those classes again in hopes to get to vet school.



Husband:
1. Who was the first person you ever had a crush on? Why did you like them?
My first crush was a girl named Amanda. I think initially it was just because she came to me about other people pulling a prank on me, but eventually I just enjoyed her company and really crushed on her. I think this was intensified because she moved away and there was nothing I could do about it.

2. What is the most important material possession you have and why?
I can't really think of anything I own materially that strikes me as a most important possession. While I would be sad to lose the material things, photos are the only thing I feel are irreplaceable.

3. If you were a cake which cake would you be?
I would be a cheesecake. Sometimes fancified, other times just nice and plain. Definitely cheesecake though.

4. Has anything/anyone ever saved your life before?
Wife has saved my life in some of my truly darkest moments, moments where if only a few breaths were to have passed I would not likely be here today. My survival instinct has definitely pulled me back from the edge quite a few times after it learned that it could take over my consciousness and take care of my body.

5. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
If we are going simple and down to earth, as in grounded in reality, then a greater ability to communicate fully, from doing the actual speaking, to digesting the words or body language being spoken to me. If we are going grand and beyond the stars then I have my thing, but I don't want to share it, because then everyone would want the same thing.

Bonus: Do you have a dream you’re pursuing? Tell us about it.
I am pursuing a dream to work in wastewater treatment, not dabble occasionally like I do at my job now. It is slow going and I have been trying to be patient about the wait, but I am unsure how much longer I can rely on the assistance of others to get me there.

————

How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!

4 comments:

  1. Ash that is an amazingly beautiful thing to say " He keeps me from getting lost in the darkness" - all power to u guys ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These lyrics really hit close to home with us.
      "I took the stars from our eyes, and then I made a map
      And knew that somehow I could find my way back
      Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too.
      So I stayed in the darkness with you"

      Delete
  2. Q4 - clearly you two are meant to be together! :-)

    ReplyDelete