Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Kink of the Week: Edging



Edging is the practice of stimulating yourself or someone else up to the point of orgasm, then stimulation is reduced before climax actually happens. The person being stimulated is then able to calm down just a bit before doing it all over again. These steps are continued and the person is kept at a high level of arousal for a long period of time, until they are finally allowed to reach orgasm. Why do people do this? Well, many people claim that their orgasms are much more powerful when they finally climax. Some people do it because of a power dynamic in their relationship. I'm sure there are lots of reasons that people enjoy edging.

I remember the first time I tried edging. I read about it somewhere and thought, "That sounds interesting. I should try it." So, I did. I masturbated right up to the point of cumming, then stopped for about 30 seconds. Then, I repeated those steps for about an hour. When I finally let myself climax, the orgasm was short and not very powerful. I was confused and thought that I must have done something wrong. So, I tried again a few months later. The same thing happened. I'm not sure why my body responds this way but I was most definitely disappointed. I decided that I didn't like edging, so I never did it again during masturbation.

I have known people who edge while masturbating and they do it for hours. I have no idea how they manage this. Their willpower and stamina must be amazing. I guess I just don't see the point because I'd rather cum as many times as possible in that period of time instead of teasing myself and only getting one orgasm in the end. Then again, if my body responded in the way that others' do, I may feel differently.

Although I don't edge while masturbating, Husband likes to tease me a lot. When he is taking on a dominant role, he will often use the power dynamic to tease me with edging. Sometimes he uses his fingers and other times he uses a toy. He will stimulate my clit until he feels my body tighten up while getting ready to climax. Then, he will stop stimulation. I get frustrated and usually sigh at him. He doesn't pay any mind to me and continues to do it over and over again. It's fun for him. I try to be a good sport about it but it really isn't my thing. When he does this, it feels like my body loses interest. My brain is still in the game but I imagine my clit crossing her arms and sighing, "Boooooring!" When Husband finally allows me to climax, it feels like my orgasm is barely there because my clit is no longer interested. That's the best way I can think of to describe how it feels. Sometimes when Husband is teasing me this way, I try to hide the fact that I'm getting ready to cum so that he won't stop. Then, I pretend it was an accident. Shhhh...don't tell him. He'll probably spank me for that.

I've never done edging to anyone else. I guess I just never thought about doing it because I don't enjoy it being done to me. Of course, I would do it if I found out that my partner wanted it. It could be fun to tease someone in that way. I enjoy giving pleasure way more than I enjoy teasing though. So, that may be an issue for me. I imagine that I'd get so excited that I'd just keep going instead of stopping when I was supposed to. Honestly, I'd probably be really bad at this.

What I've learned from this is that everyone is different and they all enjoy different things. No two bodies should be expected to react the same way to something and it's okay if they don't. If edging is your thing, I'd love to hear how it makes you feel and what you enjoy about it. If edging doesn't work for you, I'd love to hear from you as well because then I wouldn't feel alone in this.

2 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right about everyone being different. I have never really found that edging worked for me either, mainly it seems to just make it harder to come

    Mollyx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true for me as well. The longer I go, the harder it is for me to actually cum.

      Delete