Tuesday, February 28, 2023

TMI Tuesday: February 28, 2023



It's time for TMI Tuesday: Music Edition! I am very passionate about music. I like to be listening to music at all times if possible. I don't enjoy the quiet unless I'm in nature. So, this TMI Tuesday really spoke to me.





Ash:

1. What’s the most annoying song in the world?

Dancing Queen by Abba


2. What’s the saddest song in the world?

Never Let Me Go by Florence + the Machine


3. What’s the sexiest song in the world?

Desire by Meg Myers


4. Name a new, to you, band or music artist that you can’t get enough of? Post a link to one of their songs.

Over the past year, I've been listening to Current Joys a lot. They are a "new to me" band that my kid introduced me to.

It's really hard to pick one. Ugh. Okay, this is one of my favorites. Here's Fear by Current Joys.


5. Have you met any famous musicians?

I've met a lot of famous musicians. My first one was Billy Ray Cyrus when I was 10 years old. I've also met Modern Day Zero, Rascal Flatts, Phil Anselmo, Justin Furstenfeld, Tom Odell, ALDN, and Glaive. I feel like there are more in there but I can't think of them right now.


6. What song best describes your life?

During good mental health days, I Get Off by Halestorm. 

During bad mental health days, The Answer by Blue October.


7. How important is your partner’s taste in music to you?

I usually hope that my partner's taste in music somewhat matches mine so that we can listen to music and go to concerts together. Honestly, though, it's not super important. As long as they don't mind that I listen to music that I enjoy in my car when I'm driving.


8. Do you sing in the shower?

Oh, yes. Always. What I sing greatly depends on my mood though.


9. What was the last live music show you attended? Did you buy a t-shirt?

The last concert I went to was Glaive in October. I bought a shirt for my kid but not for myself.


10. What’s the sweetest song in the world?

Definitely Work Song by Hozier. "When my time comes around, lay me gently in the cold dark earth. No grave can hold my body down. I'll crawl home to her." Fuck, that's so romantic. Makes my little goth heart so happy.


11. Can you play a musical instrument? Which one?

I used to be very good at playing the clarinet. I haven't played since high school though. I have taught myself how to play the piano by ear. And I took lessons in 2020 but I stopped due to a mental health decline. I took a few guitar lessons when I was a teenager but I don't remember much. I'd love to learn to play for real though.


12. Have you ever dated a musician?

I've been on dates with musicians but they never got serious, unfortunately. I really want to date someone who can play the guitar and sing songs to me. Mmmm. Total swoon.


13. Are you a groupie?

I am no longer a groupie but I once was.

– If yes, for what artist/band?

I was a groupie for ModernDayZero when I was in my teens and early twenties.

– If no, do you wish you were and for what music performing artist or band?

I don't think the groupie life is for me anymore. It was fun back in the day though.


Bonus: Describe your worst, best, strangest, funniest or saddest concert moment.

My worst concert moment happened to me when I was about 20 years old. I was at a Marilyn Manson concert. The crowd was HUGE and I was right in the middle of it. The crowd surged toward the stage and I went down. People were trampling me and I couldn't get up. I was screaming and desperately trying to grab people to help me up but people just kept stepping on top of me. Finally, I grabbed onto someone's clothes and pulled myself up slowly. They were yelling at me and trying to get me off of them but it was my only chance to get out of there alive. It was difficult for me to get up. Not only because the person was fighting me off but also because my body was being stood on by multiple people. I think there were 4 different people standing on my legs alone. I seriously thought I was going to die there and I probably would have if that hadn't worked. Ever since that night, I have had a fear of being in a large crowd at a concert.


Bonus, Bonus: If you listen to the radio, what station and type of music are you tuned to the most?

I don't listen to the radio anymore. When I did, I usually either listened to rock or classic rock. When I had Sirius XM, I listened to the 90s on 9 station a lot.




Husband:

1. What’s the most annoying song in the world?

Let's go with Baby Shark, just because I cannot think of anything else.


2. What’s the saddest song in the world?

Black Orchid by Blue October hits a special soft sad spot for me.


3. What’s the sexiest song in the world?

I love Pony covered by Far.


4. Name a new, to you, band or music artist that you can’t get enough of? Post a link to one of their songs.

Not new but I can't think of anything new that I can't get enough of; Vast


5. Have you met any famous musicians?

Tom Odell and Justin Furstenfeld.


6. What song best describes your life?

Right now I'd have to say Carry On by The Score and AWOLNATION just because I refuse to give up.


7. How important is your partner’s taste in music to you?

I don't think it is all that important to me, I tend to listen to a lot of random things. 


8. Do you sing in the shower?

Nope, can't say that I ever have.


9. What was the last live music show you attended? Did you buy a t-shirt?

I can't remember the last show I've been to, but I do know that I didn't buy a shirt.


10. What’s the sweetest song in the world?

Warmth by Bastille, but this version is best.


11. Can you play a musical instrument? Which one?

Skin flute and mouth whistle, both of which I am not terribly skilled at.


12. Have you ever dated a musician?

No.


13. Are you a groupie?

– If yes, for what artist/band?

– If no, do you wish you were and for what music performing artist or band?

No and no.


Bonus: Describe your worst, best, strangest, funniest or saddest concert moment.

Best concert moment was with my brothers while we were getting downpoured on at a Godsmack concert.


Bonus, Bonus: If you listen to the radio, what station and type of music are you tuned to the most? 89.1 the Wood, it's the local college radio that plays all kinds of music and it is my go-to station.



February Photo Fest 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment