Tuesday, December 21, 2021

TMI Tuesday: December 21, 2021

Welcome to a special TMI Tuesday and Titty Tuesday mashup.





Ash:

1. Do you have a favorite author? Who?

I discovered Francesca Lia Block when I was 16. I was living in California at the time and I went into a Barnes & Noble looking for a new book to read. I was getting bored of my boyfriend's Dragonlance books and wanted something different. I came upon the book Violet and Claire and decided to give it a shot. I fell in love with her writing and she's been my favorite author ever since.


2. Do you make your bed each morning? Why?

Hell no. It's a waste of time. The only time I make my bed is when I change the sheets and when I'm doing a photo shoot. Otherwise, what is even the point? You're just going to get back into it that night and mess it up again.


3. What is one recipe that gets you through busy, hectic times?

When it gets really busy around here, I usually make sloppy joes or spaghetti. Those are easy and quick to make. They are also two things that Husband makes really well, so I can put off the cooking to him if I need to get shit done.


4. For therapeutic venting, who do you call–friend, sibling, parent, significant other?

My husband. I don't really have any friends. Definitely not friends that I can vent to. My mom passed away and my dad doesn't really care about me. My siblings are kind of a mess and always have their own crap to deal with so they don't care about mine. So, really, all I have is my husband.


5. When did you last de-clutter the camera roll/pics on your smartphone?

It's been too long. I need to do that very soon. Thanks for the reminder.


Bonus: What is the subject of your next blog post?

I'm working on writing about something that happened to me in college. Hopefully I can finish it in the next couple of days.



Husband:

1. Do you have a favorite author? Who? 

Yes. Without a doubt, it would have to be Neil Gaiman. The magical chaotic webs of his stories resonate so strongly with me. From the very first Sandman quoted journal I came across to the present everything has drawn me into worlds and imaginings that are too strong for me to deny. I absolutely love his works.


2. Do you make your bed each morning? Why?

Absolutely not. I refuse on principles that when practically applied to almost anything else do not make much sense. There is no harm (as I currently see things) in not making the bed. I'm only going to get back into bed later in the day, why make more work for myself than needed.


3. What is one recipe that gets you through busy, hectic times?

A pureed nut spread with a strawberry relish reduction paired with a brioche bun. 


4. For therapeutic venting, who do you call–friend, sibling, parent, significant other?

For the most part, I don't call Wife to vent, I feel like it gets messy and I don't do well over the phone. Venting with her is usually in person. After this, it is a toss-up between calling my Ma or my brother. Depending on what it is about will dictate who I call first. Recently over the last two years or so though I have found myself calling my brother first before my Ma, not quite sure why though.


5. When did you last de-clutter the camera roll/pics on your smartphone?

I have yet to do this with my current phone. It is desperately reminding me that it should happen quite soon though.


Bonus: What is the subject of your next blog post?

I haven't a clue, it's been a very long time since I wrote in a blog. Let us just be playful and say it will be about Amazon's Wheel of Time series.

1 comment:

  1. Ash and Husband, for some people's peace of mind making the bed start the day off right with a task having been completed, one step toward a more orderly bed space, and the simple pleasure of having done something semi-active first thing in the morning. Thus, having created and enjoyed a simple pleasure in life.

    ...I don't make my bed either. :D

    Ash and Husband, make a snack (that nut spread and jam on brioche sounds pretty yummy), chill and start deleting pics!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete