Friday, February 12, 2021

Holding Myself Together



Yesterday, I had my first therapy appointment in 20 years. I’ve always struggled with my mental health. I battle depression and anxiety every day. It recently got bad enough that I decided I didn’t want to deal with it alone anymore. So, I reached out to a therapist that a friend highly recommended. 

The therapist seems really great and when she dropped an F bomb, I knew we would get along. She asked me a lot of questions to get to know me better. Basically, she wanted the short version of my life story. She asked questions about my childhood and it brought up a lot of trauma. 

So, I’m feeling pretty raw and sensitive right now. But I’m holding myself together. I will make it through this dark time and come out the other side better than I was.



February Photofest

No comments:

Post a Comment