Tuesday, May 12, 2020

TMI Tuesday: May 12, 2020

It's time for TMI Tuesday!




Ash:
1. How replaceable are you?
Honestly? I don't think I'm very special. I have always felt expendable my entire life. I'm sure there will always be someone better that could replace me.

2. Does jealously have value in driving humans to improve themselves or is it a purely negative emotion?
Jealousy is only a negative emotion if you don't own it and communicate about why you are feeling that way. Sometimes jealousy should drive someone to improve themselves. Though, jealousy is often just a product of our brains lying to us.

3. A section of your life’s memories needs to be erased, which era will you elect to have erased?
a. childhood memories – age 3 to 12
b. teen and young adult years – age 13 to 23
c. adult – age 24 to 35

A. I would love to have my childhood memories erased. I had a horribly abusive childhood. My step-dad abused me physically, sexually, and emotionally. I'd love to forget all of that. There really weren't many good memories from the age of 3-12 in my life.

4. With no laws or rules to influence your behavior, how do you think you would behave?
I am way too innocent for my own good. I break small laws that I find to be completely ridiculous (I'm the u-turn queen) but I doubt I would ever do anything that people would consider bad.

5. Does anonymity encourage people to misbehave or does it reveal how people would choose to act all the time if they could?
I fully believe this to be the case.

Bonus: In the time of coronavirus pandemic, what are you rocking–homemade face covering or manufactured mask?
I have a homemade face mask that a friend made for me. I also bought some from an online company that has switched from making clothing to making masks during the pandemic.




Husband:
1. How replaceable are you?
There are days where I feel like there is no one that can replace me, where I feel so assured of my place in the world, at work, and at home and those are the days when I am having little to no mental health issues. Bad days will strip me of all of my confidence and I feel like I am one or two steps from replacement.

2. Does jealously have value in driving humans to improve themselves or is it a purely negative emotion?
I think jealousy can have value, but only if it is addressed and brought to light. By this, I mean searching for the reasons for the jealousy so that those parts can be worked upon to better oneself. I have come a long way in the ability to recognize the jealousy I harbor and to analyze it so that I may better understand myself.

3. A section of your life’s memories needs to be erased, which era will you elect to have erased?
a. childhood memories – age 3 to 12
b. teen and young adult years – age 13 to 23
c. adult – age 24 to 35

I feel like the most formative years for me as I can remember them was everything from my teenage years and beyond. I hardly recall much from my youngest years other than the fact they were difficult. I also have some difficulty recalling years during and after my initial skirmishes with depression around 17/18 years old. In that respect I feel like I've already stretched this and have memories erased. If I were to choose, I think I would remove my childhood memories.

4. With no laws or rules to influence your behavior, how do you think you would behave?
Uh, if the rules only no longer applied to myself, I would probably mostly carry on as I have, but would perhaps indulge myself in some of the darker recesses of my brain. If it applied to everyone I would do whatever I felt was needed to defend my family from all the other people who would love to have no tether to rules.

5. Does anonymity encourage people to misbehave or does it reveal how people would choose to act all the time if they could?
I think anonymity does both. I feel like the tail end would feed the mouth of the next in an unending loop that will just get bigger and bigger. Kind of like how America has become in the last few years under the current president.

Bonus: In the time of coronavirus pandemic, what are you rocking–homemade face covering or manufactured mask?
I have both available to me, through work, as well as through friends who made some masks.

No comments:

Post a Comment