Tuesday, July 3, 2018

TMI Tuesday: July 3, 2018

Thought-provoking TMI Tuesday blog post here for your enjoyment.


Ash:
1. Picture the child you once were, what did that child do very well?
What was little Ash good at? Well, my second grade teacher said I wrote amazing stories. She made me promise that I'd dedicate my first book to her. I don't think she could have ever imagined that I would end up writing smut, however, if I do happen to write a book, I will most definitely dedicate it to her.



2. What are you really good at now?
Oh, dear. Some people say that I'm still good at writing. I'm my harshest critic though. I think I give a really good blow job...

3. Did you ever expect love in return and not get it?
So many times! One of my problems is that I love very deeply. I've only received love like that from one person. My husband. Even my family is incapable of showing their love. I spent my whole childhood just wanting to be loved and accepted. My family has finally accepted me but I still haven't quite gotten their love. I've given a lot of love to many women who have shot me down as well. Story of my life.

4. Who do you need to get in touch with because it has been so long?
My siblings on my dad's side. I didn't meet my dad until I was 25. I have two sisters on my mom's side that I grew up with. When I met my dad, I found out that I had two brothers (now three) and two sisters on my dad's side. I hung out with one of my brothers for a while but then he stopped talking to me. My sisters never really showed much interest in getting to know me, so I just left it alone. Recently, I did a DNA test and found proof that my dad is in fact my real dad, so I have been considering coming to them with the proof just in case they doubt that I'm really their sibling and that's what's keeping them from having a relationship with me. I'm just not sure how that will come across.

5. What are your thoughts on this: “Every woman deserves her special day. I get that. But does it really have to cost so much fucking money? I mean, c’mon. If you’re serious about building a future with a guy, why bankrupt him?”
I...I just don't really understand this statement. Maybe it's because I'm not that type of girl? So, is the special day her wedding day? If that's the case, it doesn't have to cost a lot of money. I splurged on one thing for my wedding and that was my wedding dress. I had it custom made because I couldn't find what I was looking for. Everything else was very minimal and cheap. I did most of it myself. I don't like spending money. I'd rather save money and have fun experiences, like vacations and traveling. I don't get my hair or nails done. I don't shop often. I'm definitely not high maintenance.

So, how do I feel about women who are high maintenance? Well, I try not to judge but it is a bit annoying. I think that if you have the money to have an elegant wedding just the way you want it, then you should be able to have it. But if you're bankrupting yourself, then there's a problem. I'm not sure why people feel the need to have so many material things. I mean, like I said, I'm not really understanding this because it's not the kind of person I am. I say, if the man doesn't have the money for it but the woman insists, then maybe she isn't the girl for you afterall.

Bonus: What is your number one priority?
My number one priority is raising my daughter to be a decent human being.



Husband:
1. Picture the child you once were, what did that child do very well?
I was good with imagination. Reading, playing with LEGOs, playing X-Men by making up our own mutants, my brain has always been overactive imaginatively.



2. What are you really good at now?
I am great at finding things that other people have misplaced. It has become something strange, but definitely something I am good at.
[Editor's Note: I can confirm. Every time I lose something, I tell him and he finds it. It's creepy and wonderful at the same time.]

3. Did you ever expect love in return and not get it?
I think my first relationship was completely this way. It scarred me in ways that I am still trying to overcome. I also think that there have been many times where I did not get the love I was hoping for; for example with my Dad. While I do not doubt that he loves me in his own way, it is nowhere near the kind of loving relationship he had with my Grandpa.

4. Who do you need to get in touch with because it has been so long?
At this point there are so many people I should try to get in touch with. I have some truly incredible friends who live far away that I have not seen or talked to in what feels like forever. At this moment though, I feel like my focusing on trying to build up anything I have with my Dad is really important. Finding out the random striking of his skin cancer throughout his body has made it pretty clear that I have no idea how much time I will have left with him, and I would very much regret not trying to make something work and to the better of us both.

5. What are your thoughts on this: “Every woman deserves her special day. I get that. But does it really have to cost so much fucking money? I mean, c’mon. If you’re serious about building a future with a guy, why bankrupt him?”
This question feels so lacking in information. What is this "special day" and what about it "costs so much fucking money?" My thoughts on this are that they don't apply to me and Wife. We do not spend outrageous amounts of money on each other to make the other happy. There are times when a large ticket item sounds fantastic, but I know that if I were to buy said large ticket item it would not go over well. Communication here goes a long way. If there is something overly costly that is not needed I will discuss it with Wife and we will jointly make a decision on it. Wife is not a material girl and I love it.

Bonus: What is your number one priority?
My number one priority is providing for my family and keeping them safe. Almost everything that I do definitely revolves around them. I love them so much.

————-

How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!

No comments:

Post a Comment