Tuesday, September 19, 2017

TMI Tuesday: September 19, 2017



Me:
1. Why would you go to a therapist?
a. You need support.
b. You want to take responsibility for your life’s outcomes?
c. You need guidance and to be told what to do.

I think the only one that would apply to me is that I need support. I do have issues with depression, anxiety, and anorexia. I'm sure a therapist could really help but I have deep trust issues with therapists. I hope to get over those issues one day and see a therapist.

2. Thinking of the main male lover in your life, what is sex for him:
a. stress relief, tension reliever
b. a way to show love
c. something exciting he likes to do

Umm. I think all of the above would be correct.

3. Do you feel a partner is being invasive for wanting to know your plans and inner thoughts?

That would depend on how that partner approached the subject. Most of the time I believe it's just curiosity or just wanting to be a part of my life in all areas because they care. I like being asked about my plans and thoughts. It makes me feel important to my partner.

4. In your opinion, what is intimate sharing?

Is that when you fluid swap during sex? Maybe I'm wrong about that.

5. Would you enjoy a weekend by yourself, without the company of your partner? Where would you go? What would you do?

I don't really care for being alone. I would rather be with a partner or at least a friend. CPTSD tends to make me think bad things when I'm alone. If I had my way, I'd go to the beach. That's my favorite place in the whole world. I would swim in the ocean and listen to the waves. That is definitely my happy place.

Bonus: Would you buy an outfit that you love, knowing that your partner will hate it? Then would you wear it as well?

I would buy it regardless of what my partner thinks. I would not wear it when going out with said partner though. I would wear it when I wasn't with them.




Husband:
1. Why would you go to a therapist?
a. You need support
b. You want to take responsibility for your life’s outcomes?
c. You need guidance and to be told what to do

I don't think I would go to a therapist for any of these reasons. To be honest, I don't even know if I should see a therapist. For the most part I am able to work through my issues, albeit slowly and at my own pace.

2. Thinking of the main male lover in your life, what is sex for him:
a. stress relief, tension reliever
b. a way to show love
c. something exciting he likes to do

The main male lover in my life is me, so I will sidestep this and answer about the main female lover; d. all the above

3. Do you feel a partner is being invasive for wanting to know your plans and inner thoughts?

I don't feel like Wife is invasive at all. It doesn't bother me to share all the things. I have had difficulty sharing in the past, but mostly because I didn't feel like what was in my head was worth sharing. This year I have changed that and have opened myself up completely. I still have times where I don't think to share without some prompting, and it is just because it is new to be forthcoming without a probe.

4. In your opinion, what is intimate sharing?

I am unfamiliar with the phrase, so just going off first impressions I will say that it is sharing my intimacy with others. To me, that means something as simple as hug up to sex. So, in my opinion, I like the sound of it, but I am working up to being able to share higher intimacy if a relationship ever came up other than with Wife.

5. Would you enjoy a weekend by yourself, without the company of your partner? Where would you go? What would you do?

Would I enjoy a weekend by myself, possibly, but not anywhere near the amount of enjoyment I would get with my partner. I prefer to be able to spend time with Wife, being alone leaves me feeling empty. I would go outdoors somewhere, doing something fun. I would love to end it cuddled up on a blanket somewhere, making romance all over the blanket.

Bonus: Would you buy an outfit that you love, knowing that your partner will hate it? Then would you wear it as well?

If I loved an outfit, yes I would buy it. I would definitely not wear it when going out with Wife, because the whole time I would feel like I should be changing outfits rather than enjoying wearing something I love.


————

How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!

No comments:

Post a Comment