Saturday, March 30, 2019

Kink of the Week: Love Bites


Edit: Husband gave me this hickey a week after writing this.

Love bites, or hickeys, are little bruises that happen when the capillaries beneath the skin rupture when someone sucks or bites the skin. The first time I was ever exposed to hickeys was when I was in fifth grade. One of the fifth-grade teachers came to school wearing a scarf. It was odd because we had never seen her wear one before. My friend, who was in this teacher's class, came running up to me at lunch. She told me that the teacher's scarf had fallen down and the class had seen a bunch of hickeys on her neck. We, of course, thought this was hilarious. Until we really started to think about it. Wait, teachers have sex?!

Just two years later, I would be the proud owner of my own hickey. I was 13 at the time and enjoying a big party thrown by a friend of mine. We were finally done with seventh grade and it was summertime, so we were celebrating. After it got dark, we started playing truth or dare in the back yard. Someone had dared R to give me a hickey on my neck. It was awkward because everyone was watching but I really enjoyed it at the same time. That night, R became my boyfriend and all I wanted to do that summer was make-out with him and feel his lips on my neck.

Throughout my teenage years, I had countless hickeys. I never hid them because I loved showing them off. I couldn't figure out why exactly, but I loved having marks left on my body. I'm sure this was hinting at the kink that was hidden inside me but I didn't realize it at the time.

Now, as an adult, I still enjoy hickeys. They are a guilty pleasure of mine. I rarely get them anymore because my partners just aren't into it like I am. Not only do I love to have my neck and shoulder sucked and bitten (not too hard though), I adore the marks that are left behind. I enjoy hickeys on other parts of my body as well but not as much as a place that can be seen or shown off. I also love the feeling of a hickey. That light soreness that sticks with you for a few days. Yes, that is so nice. It brings up the pleasant memory of receiving said hickey and then I get aroused.

I feel like hickeys are frowned upon more when they are on an adult than when they are on a teenager. I mean, teenagers are expected to have hickeys, right? They are carefree, exploring each other's bodies, doing whatever feels good. We are supposed to outgrow that and be more mature as adults. Well, I say, "Screw that!" In my twenties, I had hickeys pretty often and people would feel the need to comment on it or roll their eyes at me. I never let it bother me. I may not be a teenager anymore but I still enjoy having hickeys and I'm not embarrassed to admit it. I also like dry humping and being fingered. Deal with it.

I used to really enjoy leaving hickeys on my lovers' necks, usually from biting. I'm not super into biting anymore, but I do get the urge to do it occasionally. I mostly enjoy biting my lover's lip when we are making out, especially if it gets pretty heated and intense. Mmmm, that really turns me on.

For the past couple of weeks, while thinking about what I was going to write for this, I've been trying to get up the nerve to ask Husband to give me a hickey. Thinking about that gets me so wet. The thought of him licking, sucking, biting my neck as he fucks me. Unf, I need that so much. Thinking about looking in the mirror and seeing that little mark on my neck gets me so excited. Imagining the looks I get from people as I go out in public with that mark showing for all to see makes me smile. I definitely miss being young and carefree.

The point I would love to make here is that I think hickeys are underrated. They aren't trashy or disgusting. They are like little badges of honor. They are love bites. That is nothing to be embarrassed about.





3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with everything you wrote here. Love bites are hot! Hope your husband comes through for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting them, and giving them (as I said in my piece) but I dont like them to be on full view, and feeling judged - I find as a guilty secret they feel 'hotter' - but I love how you've argued your viewpoint.

    ReplyDelete